Saturday 2 April 2011

Farewell and Goodbye

It gives me great pleasure to thank all of the Brighton-Hove staff who have helped make this apprenticeship a success for both me and Cassie, from City College, Kings House through to Royal Pavilion, The Booth, Preston Manor, Hove and Brighton Museums.

I’ve learnt tons since being here, though it’s not always been apparent to me from the start, only so when a problem is presented to me that I find I can solve it thanks to all I’ve learnt from all of you.

It has been a real joy hopping from department to department, I hope we were not too much of a burden because me and Cassie definitely felt welcome everywhere we went. It’s been an amazing experience to see behind the scenes at the Museum service and all the great work that goes on.

I don’t know for sure if you’ll be seeing more apprentices in the near future, but if you do I think they will only have good things to say at the end of the apprenticeship as well.

I am not sure what is next but I would definitely be interested in doing another Cultural Apprenticeship level 3/4. I am going to apply to various places. If you hear of anything you think I may be suitable for or could use someone like me (even as a volunteer) please let me know.

Finally I was a bit overwhelmed with the fuss, kind words and gifts we received on leaving.

I am extremely grateful and wish you all well for the future too.

Thank you all.

Sincerely

Zak Flannery.

No comments:

Post a Comment