Thursday 10 March 2011

Hi All

I'm sorry it’s been so long since we’ve updated our blogs but I’m going to lightly touch on some of the things that I have got up to over the past months.

The Cleaning Team

This was short and sweet (just a week) and I’ve got to say that trying to do this job was a real eye-opener.

I don’t think there’s anyone on the Pavilion site who works constantly as hard as this lot do, in particular Michelle, who managed me during the week.

Yes, I could only manage a week! Michelle gives a whole new meaning to elbow grease with the things that she does.

Here are some of the duties I performed in the team.

Cleaning toilets, vacuuming the carpets, I not sure of the proper name so I’m going to call it ‘dust mopping’ (the clue is in the name I’ve given it), mop and shine/ waxing the floors.

The main pressure about working in the cleaning team is the time constraints, there is so much to get done that I ended up doing surface cleaning and not achieving a really deep clean (Michelle and the other are much better at cleaning then me). If anything goes wrong in the morning such as a spill or flood one or more of you cleaning duties has got to suffer.

I could go on and on but the bottom line is they all work very hard and they are all great at it to.

So if you’re reading this and you work at the Pavilion or Museum sites, and you see one of the cleaners have just MOPPED a floor, then please can you take the long way round it!

Thank you.

One last note, at the end of the week Michelle gave me a going away present, which doesn’t usually happen to me so I was delighted.

It was this, (picture below), a duster, a memento of my taste of hard work and proof to anyone who doesn't believe that I’ve touched a cleaning product in my life.

Guys if you read this, thanks for having me, it was great!

Zak

No comments:

Post a Comment