Thursday 10 March 2011

The Royal Pavilion & Museums Foundation

Me again,

If you can stand to read another of my postings, I’d like to talk a bit about the Foundation, I worked with them as part of the fundraising team. There were lots of good times, for me at least!

It was interesting in the fact that this department is very entrepreneurial, where most of the other departments I worked in had money come from budgets or grants for different projects.

So the whole approach to money and business was very different and creative.

This meant work was very varied for me, I got to take part in the construction of their new website.

I did leaflet drops, stewarding at some of the department’s events and got to see a Magic Lantern show, I would never have gone if I had not been working here, but it was great.

Abi, Li-an and Rob were great fun to work with, mainly because they are all interesting characters and as a team they compliment each other very well, so I definitely loved the vibe (which is something I thought I’d never say) in this team.

Just to add, the work that I did with their website went towards my final piece of course work and got me a pass, so thanks again to the foundation.

Just to stress the importance of external funds a bit to anyone who doesn’t work at the Pavilion, I’ve worked in the facilities department for a large duration of my time here and after seeing first hand the list of maintenance issues, the money raised from the Foundation could greatly help us keep together Brighton’s most precious place.

Zak

No comments:

Post a Comment